Your Dell XPS Battery Has A Problem?
By Azrul Abas January 29, 2022
If you have a Dell XPS Series laptop and have used it for quite a while, you would notice that after some time, the battery is not performing as well as it used to. Every electronic device will eventually age and so will its batteries.
Of course the next question would be where can I buy a Dell laptop battery? Well good news for you, Mend now offers the Dell XPS battery replacement for your laptop. You can either book an appointment with us to fix it for you, or you could just order the parts and repair it yourself!
If you decide on replacing the battery yourself then read on below for a guide to replace your Dell XPS laptop battery.
How to replace Dell XPS Battery
Now you know that your Dell XPS laptop needs a replacement, there are a few things for you to check before you start.
Firstly, ensure that the laptop is off and is not connected to the power adapter. Ideally, you would want to drain it completely until it doesn’t turn on. Secondly, make sure that the area you are working on has plenty of space to place your equipment and not somewhere that could cause static electricity. Lastly, you would want to prepare all your screwdrivers and tools before doing the Dell XPS battery replacement.
After you complete the preparation, you are now ready to replace your battery and follow these steps carefully for Dell XPS 15:
- Use the Torx T5 screwdriver to remove the eight screws on the bottom plate.
- Use a prying tool to separate the bottom plate from the laptop. Start from the bottom corners and slide all around the bottom plate.
- Disconnect the battery from the motherboard. The ribbon cable is connected on the top right corner of the battery.
- Use a Phillips head screwdriver to remove the eight screws holding the battery in place. Please note there are two types of screws, and four of each. These have different lengths, so you have to remember where each type goes to put the new battery back in place.
- Peel the tape at the bottom of the battery, which holds the speaker cable on the battery.
- Lift the battery out of the compartment.
- Take your new battery and align it with the screw holes on the laptop, as well as the battery connector on the motherboard.
- Reattach the tape from the speaker cable and put the eight battery screws back in their places. Be careful not to overtighten the screws, as excessive pressure can cause damage to the laptop.
- Connect the battery cable to the motherboard.
- Put the base cover back on the laptop, aligning it with the screw holes. Tighten the eight Torx screws.
And congratulations you have done replacing your battery by yourself!
With this new installation, your laptop should be performing like brand new. Not only do you get the satisfaction of fixing your own device, you also get to save up to 40% doing your own repair.
However, fret not, if you are stuck in the middle of repairing or something unexpected comes along the way, we are always available for you, Book an appointment with us and we will mend it for you.
Image Source: Unsplash.com